If you are not a current subscriber and wish to hunt for a day with the BH or are a current subscriber but wish to hunt on a day to which you do not subscribe, you must book with the Hunt Secretary (see the Contact page) and are expected to pay in advance.
If you are a member of Melton Hunt Club (MHC) and wish to have a reduced-rate day with the BH, you MUST book for this via MHC's website, not this one. When you subsequently initiate payment via MHC's website, you will automatically be redirected back to here to pay the BH directly.
If you wish to subscribe or to buy a book of day-tickets, please use the Pay BH Subs page and not this one.
How to book full-rate (not MHC) caps
- You should email the Secretary specifying the day and date (and further names if you are booking for a group)
- The Secretary will check that there are no restrictions on the number of non-subscriber places (caps) for that day and that neither you nor anyone else you are booking for (if you are booking for others as well as yourself) has exceeded the number of caps each individual is allowed in the current season
- Assuming everything is OK, the Secretary will then email you to offer a provisional place for that day and with a booking number
How to book reduced-rate MHC caps
- You should email MHC Secretary via the MHC website
- MHC Secretary will then confirm to you that a place or places are available and will give you a booking reference number
How to pay
- You then pay your cap. You will find it easiest to pay the cap online (see below) or, for MHC caps, via MHC's website if you wish (you will be redirected here) and receive quick confirmation. But, if you wish, you can post a cheque payable to "Belvoir Hunt Ltd" (with a brief supplementary note) to the Hunt Office whose address is given in the Contact page. The Secretary will expect to receive your cheque within three working days; if not, your provisional place may be cancelled.
- If you are subsequently unable to hunt, you should notify the Secretary as soon as possible. Anyone giving less than 48 hours notice of cancellation will not have their cap refunded but it may be 'banked' with the Secretary for use on a future day. Caps will, however, be refunded if that day's hunting is subsequently cancelled by the Hunt but not if the day is cut short or starts late.
- If, nevertheless, you still wish to pay in cash or by cheque on the day you hunt, you must agree this with the Secretary beforehand.
Cap pricesThe normal (not MHC) cap prices are given on the Subscriptions page.
Online paymentAfter being given your provisional place by the BH Secretary or MHC Secretary, you can pay the appropriate cap online here using a credit card, debit card or PayPal by:
- clicking one of the two buttons to indicate whether you are taking a normal (full-rate) Belvoir cap or an MHC reduced-rate cap
- entering the cap amount (without a £-sign — e.g. 150.00) in the first box below, and
- the day and date for which you have requested a place (e.g. 'Tuesday 11th November') in the second box. If you would like the Secretary to contact you if there are changes to the meet or second horse venues or meet time, please add your mobile phone number (e.g. 'Tuesday 11th November 07973 123456')
- entering the provisional booking reference number (which may be a number or a code such as 'N12') given you by the Secretary into the third box, then
- [if and only if you are taking an MHC cap, an extra box will appear]: filling in your Countryside Alliance membership number and the name of the Hunt to which you normally subscribe
- clicking the Pay button
If, when entering the cap amount (above), you have asked for places for more than one person (for the same day), please enter the total amount due: the Secretary will know from your original email the names for whom you are booking. But please do not try to pay for more than one day (e.g. "Tuesday 11th November and Saturday 15th November") in one transaction.
You will be presented with confirmation of your payment amount and asked to provide some further information.
When your payment is complete, the system will immediately email you a receipt. This is copied to the Secretary who will then email you to confirm your booking. When you turn up to hunt, please give the Secretary a copy of the payment receipt.
Please do not make any payment until you have received a provisional place from the appropriate Secretary.
If you have a confirmed booking but have queries about the meet venue, parking, second horse venue and the like, please contact the Secretary via the Contact page